What is PRP For Hair Treatment?
Alopecia (hair loss) is one of the most common problems both men and women struggle with. Hair loss can impact an individual’s self-confidence. One of the efficient hair loss treatments that can reverse hair loss without surgery is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP).
PRP for hair treatment is a three-step process that uses the individual’s own blood. First, the blood is drawn, after it is processed, and finally injected into the scalp.
PRP technique is an effective treatment for stress- or age-related hair loss and alopecia areata. The platelet contains growth factors and cell-signaling proteins. The role of plasma is to carry the platelets, along with red blood cells and white blood cells. When the platelet is drawn and processed it will become rich in plasma which will encourage new natural hair growth.
What to Expect from PRP Technique for Hair Loss Treatment?
The role of PRP injections is to trigger natural hair growth by increasing blood supply to the hair follicle and providing thickness to the hair shaft.
PRP is a technique that can be planned on its own or can be combined with other hair loss procedures. Before or after a hair transplant procedure the surgeon may offer PRP to increase the success of hair transplant surgery.
Before starting a PRP treatment the doctor has to determine what is the main cause of hair loss for you. Before PRP a blood test is necessary to find out if there are any potential vitamin deficiencies and thyroid issues.
Afterward, you will be informed about the post-procedure restrictions (when it’s safe to resume exercise, hair washing, etc.) and possible risks and side effects of the PRP technique for hair loss.
PRP injections are most often painless but this differs from person to person. Anesthesia is optional, but most individuals prefer to get it for a comfortable process.
How PRP Performed…
1- The blood will be drawn from a vein inside the elbow.
2- The drawn blood will be taken to a device that uses centrifuges to separate red blood cells from the plasma and concentrate the platelets. This step takes about 10 minutes.
3- After preparing the blood that is rich in platelets the doctor will numb the treatment area and rub the scalp with an alcohol swab.
4- Finally the physician will make quick PRP hair injections to the areas where the hair loss is active. PRP for hair treatment takes about 1 hour.
Who is a Good Candidate for PRP Hair Loss Treatment?
- PRP hair loss treatment works better if the individual is at his/her early age, and has mild-moderate hair loss. As individuals get older, due to poor nutrition, illness, and other reasons the hair follicles will die.
- The ones who don’t smoke,
- Healthy, ( the ones with cancer, liver disease, diabetes, chronic infections, and who have low platelet count are not suitable for PRP)
- The ones with realistic hopes for the treatment are suitable for PRP hair loss treatment.
What are The PROS and CONS of PRP Hair Loss Treatment?
- First of all PRP for hair loss is a cost-effective and simple non-surgical treatment.
- PRP for hair loss has no downtime; the individuals can go back to their daily routine after the procedure.
- PRP for hair loss is considered a safe procedure.
- The whole procedure takes less than an hour.
- The studies show that PRP for hair loss provides increased hair density or thickness and regrowth.
- PRP for hair loss is a kind of treatment that has processes. The individuals have to get 6 sessions spaced four to six weeks apart.
- PRP for hair loss does not guarantee positive results.
- PRP for hair loss results is temporary which means the individuals will need maintenance treatments after the 6 session ends.
For further information and reservation please contact…